Friday, September 11, 2009

G.I. Joe Action Team Catalog

G.I. Joe in Europe experienced a massive change in 1975, when the ladies came over! That's right, German adventurers Hard Rock, Tom Stom and John Steel were now joined by Super Peggy and Super Sandy. There was no kitchen playset in the action team, these women were full fledged adventurers!




Other surprises this year included a series of Western outfits and a soldiers of the world series both of which didn't see release in the United States.




Other G.I. Joe Related Links


G.I. Joe Action Team Line from Germany


4 comments:

wee67 said...

Wow, I had no idea they intro'ed female dolls into any Joe line (until the 80's, anyway). That's actually pretty cool and forward thinking for the time.

Arkonbey said...

Interesting to see that the Europeans were more progressive in terms of female action figures than the U.S.

I mean, our girls were still playing with 'math is hard' talking Barbies in the '90s!

rob! said...

DIE Action Girls!

Anonymous said...

Those female dolls look awesome. Too bad they came out before I was born. As a girl growing up in the 80s, I never got into Barbie or G.I. Joe (which, of course, had gotten smaller by then), but I would have dug these.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin