Friday, September 25, 2009

Vintage Toy Stores Part Seven



A long standing tradition on my birthday as a kid was my Grandmother taking me to the toystore to pick out amy own gift. I honestly don't remember what I chose every year but I do remember those times when I was able to pour over the aisles of Eaton's or Pinnochio's with no pressure to leave. In fact, my seventh birthday I'm pretty sure I spent the better part of two hours in a toy department. It must be the reason that I like hunting for these vintage shots so much.

Our seventh edition of Vintage Toystore photos show cases everything from Socker Boppers to Aurora Monster kits to G.I. Joe dolls, it's a fun flashback to "pre walmart" days of toy shopping and features many a long since gone independant and local chain store.



Be sure to check out volumes 1 through 6 of Vintage Toystores, you may even see your local haunt:

5 comments:

John III said...

That video clip showed the TOBOR robot. I remember those. Never had one though.

rob! said...

What a picture! That endcap stuffed with monsters makes me tear up...

FilmFather said...

Shogun Warriors! TOBOR! I miss you, Hills...and I love that clip.

Creginald Vandercleve said...

Wow! I would wander the Storkville in Saint Paul for what seemed like hours as a kid. This comment was brought to you by Micronauts, Little People, and Chicken-Pox.

Laura Moncur said...

OMG! In that Hill's commercial at 0:21, they show MY Teddy Bear! I STILL have that bear today.

I posted a pic of it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19428171@N00/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin