Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Plaid Sesame





A match made in heaven...



I am so digging that orange Ernie sweater, it never ends with Sesame Street clothing.

Today's sole DVD release that I feel like blabbing about is this Rodan/War of the Gargantuas double feature. Both of these movies were part of "Monster Week" growing up and are somewhat responsible for my slide into geekery.
Gargantuas was particularly memorable for me; it's actually a sequel to "Frankenstein Conquers the World" (which I just had to go buy) and stars Russ Tamblyn from Satan's Sadists (another favourite).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

War of the Gargantuas, that was one monster movie that gave me nightmares as a kid. I loved it! Haven't seen it since I was maybe 8 yrs old, but imbedded in my brain is a scene where the bad monster eats a woman, and spits out her dress. The first time I saw it, I didn't realize it was her dress - I thought it was the woman, all chewed up and gooey. That's where the nightmares came from!

Anonymous said...

I just found the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrWbL6DK5Q

what can I tell you, i guess i had an active imagination as a kid.

wee67 said...

The only bad thing about seeing these great Sesame fashions is how much they make me want some as adult. :(

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! Other than the t-shirt my friend got for me, I've never found any adult SS stuff. I'd wear a Bert & Ernie plaid jumper if I could find one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin