Friday, August 27, 2010

Saturday Morning Adventures

One of the things that made going back to the school in the fall more tolerable growing up was the promise of a new fall schedule of cartoons on Saturday mornings on the Big 3 networks.








Around August of every year while your parents were checking the back to school flyers, comic books began to give you and early taste of the type of programming that you could look forward to in the fall. I used to covet this and of course, plan my weekend entertainment in advance.


These were exciting times that I'm sad my kids can't really experience. I decided to create a gallery devoted to those special ads that still give me tingles when I read them:



6 comments:

JasonMotesBowles said...

Awesome post! Great idea for a regular feature! Who did LOVE those ads?!

rob! said...

I didn't think of it at the time, but man that Spider-Woman supporting cast looks like the most boring thing ever.

Oh, and I second the "great feature" comment!

Lady Jaye said...

I loved The Bugs Bunny-Road Runner show, always preferred it to The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, since I'm such a Wile E Coyote fan.

On the other hand, never cared for the Tarzan show. Then again, here in Montreal, there wasn't just ABC and NBC to compete with CBS, but also all the anime series playing on the French CBC and on TVA.

And you're right: the 1980 version of Heckle and Jeckle and Mighty Mouse might better be left as a fond memory, lest disappointment sets in...

John III said...

In Ark II, Don't you think by the year 2500 we wouldn't have a need for car tires?

GoFSU said...

One of the Hudson Brothers loved kids even more than you loved their show. That's why he got arrested and locked up. I could never watch it now (well, I probably couldn't have in the 70s if it was as good as I heard) knowing that.

Anonymous said...

2 words : SPIDER WOMAN

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin