Monday, March 16, 2020

Toy-Ventures: Space:1999 Eagle 1 by Mattel




This week we take a look at what we consider to be one of the greatest toys of the 1970s, the Mattel Space:1999 Eagle 1 spaceship from 1976.

Based on the popular Gerry Anderson television series, this large, trendsetting toy just begs to brought to a sandbox immediately. PodStallions Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2226244254053126/ PlaidStallions Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/

2 comments:

Weird Fantastic Toy Adventures said...

I really wanted this one as a kid but never was able to score one.

Neal P said...

I think it's one of the greatest toys of the 70s as well. I think the designers really wanted to make something with ongoing playability. It's a shame that 3 3/4 inch figures were not as developed at that point. Can you imagine Star Wars style figures with this ship? I ended up repainting my MAC men and their vehicles to use with the Eagle. I still have the ship and the repainted MAC figures. The original figures were pretty fragile and fell apart over time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin