Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Creepy Crawler Thingmaker 2



When this set came out, I begged for it but my folks, they were impossible to talk into this sort of item, they wore me out. 

Flash forward to me being 16 and finding a dusty, unsold one in the back of a Toronto variety store. Money left my wallet pretty fast and I raced home and did...absolutely nothing with it. 

I had no real desire at that age to sit and make rubber bugs, so I ended up selling it at a flea market. This experience has not deterred me in any way to repeat this behavior for the past 30 years...







Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.






5 comments:

Hauntedheadful said...

This Thing Maker was not as good as the one from the 60's.The Goop was hard until you warmed it up in the light bulb heated cauldron(which took forever) and then had to be quickly put in the molds before it hardened.I still have the molds,however,and found that they make cool candles and soaps.

Anonymous said...

"I still have the molds,however,and found that they make cool candles and soaps."

Haunteddheadful must give truly memorable housewarming gifts. Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a cute gift-basket filled with centipede soap.

Imagine every year getting a birthday cake with burning, melting spiders...

Hauntedheadful said...

Chocolate also works well with these molds, just grease them with a little butter or something.And what did you expect?I am Hauntedheadful,not Martha Stewart!

Anonymous said...

The irony is Tyco makes millions selling Doctor Dreadful "Labs" based on the same idea.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dzUiibFOeoQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Don't mind this Anon, Hauntedheadful. The only time I ever like sseing creepy crawlies is when they're bleeping and blooping on an upright cabinet machine.
https://www.vintagearcade.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Centipede-arcade-video-game-machine_Master-02.jpg

Hauntedheadful said...

Even more ironic,I recently saw Martha Stewart on food Network,and apparently her magazine boasts some pretty lurid recipe ideas for Halloween.Maybe I have underestimated her(or the people who work for her)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin