Tuesday, May 26, 2020

70s Toy Packaging Art love Fest


Toy packaging art has always fascinated me and it actually inspired me to pick up some paintbrushes, so it's actually made my life better, here are five random personal favourites but I'd love to see yours be it at the MegoMuseum Forums, our facebook page or on Twitter. Show me your favourites, please!

The Mego Mad Monsters series by legend Gray Morrow.


I can't tell you how much i love the Big Jim Gold Commander Artwork.


I could go on for days about Mego's fantastic packaging (and have) but for this exercise I'll just point out this epic Ross Andru Spider-Man box.




Even when the artwork is a bit simple, there is a tremendous joy in it. The Lincoln International Monsters have a cartoonish look but they are amongst my favourites of all time.

Show me your favourite 70s toy packaging, let's flood the internet with this joyous art.


Toy-Ventures the Magazine is coming this Summer from PlaidStallions Press.





2 comments:

Seventiesfan said...

I have many favorites, concerning 1970's toy artwork. Where do I begin? It's like picking a favorite potato chip out of a bag.

The Hasbro Charlie's Angels doll line

The Amazing Spider-man Web-spinning Action Game by Ideal

The Incredible Hulk Smash-up Action Game by Ideal

CHiPs 3 3/4 in figures by Mego

Space 1999 Moon Base Alpha and action figures by Mattel

GI Joe Colorforms Set

The Six Million Dollar Man-
Birth of the Bionic Man LP

Superadventure Colorforms Set

Big Jim Pro Sports Gear figure

Just about any Ben Cooper costume box

Sears Floor Model Computer

Space 1999 figures by Palitoy

Mego Jokermobile and Bat Lab

Mego Star Trek

Star World action figure case
(Even knockoffs should be allowed on this list.)

YesterdayIsNow said...

Joe looks like he's on his way to the local homeless shelter for soup. You'd think they could have spruced up his uniform and given him a shave.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin