Friday, April 03, 2009

Vintage Commercial Friday

I've uploaded a couple of commercials from volume 2 of our DVD "70s Toy Explosion"(thanks so much to everybody who ordered BTW) and thought it'd be cool to share them today. It's fun aaaaand so much less time consuming than scanning an actual catalogue.



This commercial for the Barbie Star Traveller is of interest of to me mainly because I swear this is Judy Strangis from "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl".



The second commercial I chose is for Mork and Mindy toys, I'm not the biggest Robin Williams fan in the world (in fact I'm jokingly trashing him on my other blog today) but I really remember "Mork Mania" fondly. I still want to buy that Egg Ship figure set.



nanoo nanoo


One day you will be mine eggship....

10 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Oh man... I had that Mork and Eggship when I was a kid. Used to play with it all the time. Lost now... :(

wee67 said...

Why does Judy destroy the van at the end of the commercial? She pushes it righ toff the table!

Unknown said...

Good call. That is totally Judy Strangis, or my name isn't Mighty Isis.

ourboy said...

I had the Mork/Eggship, too.

I also had a Mork shirt/pants/rainbow suspenders outfit. I was stylin.

Anonymous said...

I might still have the Mork w/eggship from my youth. I'll have to look and see. I wouldn't mind parting with it, if you're still interesting in getting one. I'd give you a decent price, or trade you for something else. It would be just the loose figure with the egg. I don't remember having a box for it.
By the way, just found your blog and website the other day. Great, great stuff and is bringing back a ton of good memories.

Wings1295 said...

Funny how you posted this and now on this week's Theme Thursday, the topic is "egg".

My post for Theme Thursday - Egg: Mork & Cadbury! Oh, and Aliens!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember Mork well. All I wanted for my birthday was the Landspeeder and all I got was this stupid dude inside an egg....

Anonymous said...

I had that egg spaceship too, i thought it was pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I found the Mork Eggship at a chuch sale today. I paid a nickel for it.

Unknown said...

I had that set, it used to mingle with my Star Wars in some odd way, usually because I didn't have any SW vehicles yet.

It sadly got taken away from me when I brought it to school. I was told it was given to poor kids in Mexico.

Imagine what some Mexican kid would think we were up to with a dude that flew in an egg.

Adios Mork.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin