Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Cardboard Black Hole


I found this ad in a Canadian Toy Trade Magazine so I'm not sure if the toy itself ever got made. If it did, I must own it as it is full of win. I've mentioned it before but I love the Black Hole, maybe even more than Star Wars. Probably because it's weirder and maybe a little emotionally scarring. I mean, Star Wars didn't have any disembowellings, now did it?

If you had the cardboard Palomino playset, drop me a line and let me know it's out there....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Don't know if we ever got any thing that cool (Black Hole wise) in Australia. BTW I have always thought of The Black Hole as Event Horizon for kids :P

Plaidstallions said...

JF- I don't know if we got it all, I was obsessed with the movie at the time and never saw it.

"Event horizon for kids" = priceless.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. I had a bunch of coloring books and cutout books from that movie when I was about five or six.

Wish I had them now.

pJ

John III said...

I too loved the movie, although it scared me quite a bit, and Maximillian the red robot of doom, gave me nightmares. I have the storybook on record LP!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin