Saturday, April 04, 2009

Fisher Price Adventure People Trading Card

I'm not sure why it took me so long to get around to the Fisher Price Adventure People but they're card #18. As anyone who reads this blog might already know, I have a mild obsession with this toyline, they are one of the most memorable (and durable!) action figures of the 1970s.

The set pictured is probably for me, the pinnacle of Adventure People, the Boat and the plane connected,that was the BOMB in 1976. Next Sunday, I'll be holding another contest for complete sets of these.





.

3 comments:

Arkonbey said...

I would argue that, in the great scheme of things, Adventure People could be considered the Best Toy Ever.

Their durability is not just in their ability to take physical abuse, but in that they age well. Give a kid a set now and they'll play just as hard as if it were 1980.

Anonymous said...

I played with them as a kid. Now I'm buying them off ebay for my 3 year old niece. They were great toys...well designed and tough. Lotta great memories.

Anonymous said...

Recently unearthed a ton of sets at my parents house. For being nearly 30 years old they have held up surprisingly well. My 5 year old loves them. I was gonna clean them up and display them but he ain't giving em up :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin