Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vintage Toy Ads: KIds Go Bats over Batman


I haven't done a vintage toy ad probably since I burned out during retro toy fair in February. This ad is sort of relevant to me as I recently made friends with a former Corgi sales rep, we were talking about the Batmobile and he said "Do you know how many of those we sold?" and it kind of dawned on me that every kid on my block (which was the whole wide world in 1975) had one, as if they were issued to us.
Anyway, Batman to Corgi was like a license to print money and I was told that if he put 144 units of bat stuff in a K-Mart, he expected it to be gone by his next visit. I'm nostalgic for these stories because it was my childhood, this fellow seemed more nostalgic for those kinds of sales numbers...

3 comments:

rob! said...

i had that Joker car--used to race it against my Hulk Van!

chunky B said...

I tore my Batmobile and Helicopter up playing with them so much! I guess I went Bats!

Bubbashelby said...

I'm still going Bats over Batman.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin