Saturday, May 10, 2008

R2-D2 makes an appearance


r2 d2 appearance


Chuck sent in this picture of him and brother Chris with R2D2 in front a wonderful Star Wars painting. This was at a
HyVee grocery store around 79-80. Chuck
remembers Chewie and Vader also being at this store (he would not go near Vader and
cried because he was a bad guy) and promises more shots in the future. Thanks Chuck!

Wanna See More? Check out our Mall Appearance Gallery and the Marvel Comics: Live and In Person Gallery.

Got a mall appearance photo from the 70's/80's to Share? Drop me a line!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how the kid wouldn't go near Vader. My awesome parents threw a Star Wars birthday party for me back in I think 1978. Darth Vader showed up at my party and I was terrified.

Anonymous said...

Hy-vee and Star Wars must have had something going on, because they came to my store in Sioux City, Iowa at that time too. Actually I thought Vader was cool and was a little afraid of Chewie. I remember a kid was going to push a button on Vaders belt, and I stopped him and whispered to him that Vader would kill him if he pushed the button. He didn't push the button....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin