Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back in the day shots

stretch monster

Recently I ran a contest/open invitation for Plaidstallions Trading Cards and asked folks for vintage photos. I am overwhelmed by the amount of feedback I got so I'll be showcasing these for the next couple of weekends. Above is an entry from Nate, where he is playing with his getting his corn syrup on with both Stretch Armstrong and Stretch Monster. I'm jealous of a 30 year old picture, that's probably not healthy.

fashion mockery


My pal T.J.sent me this awesome shot of he and his brother rocking some dress a like plaid leisure wear, it should be noted that TJ appears is crying in this shot. No doubt tears of joy to be wearing matching outfits with your brother.


death star

Chad sent in this shot of him playing with his Kenner Death Star Playset, check out that rug, that would have so doubled as lava.


johnny west

Chadagain, now with some Marx Johnny West goodness, I can't believe I haven't featured Johnny on the site yet.

More Vintage shots next week, submissions always welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! I love these pictures!

I'm pretty sure we owned that round wicker chair in the 4th one.

I've gotta get out my albums & warm up the scanner...

wurwolf said...

LUCKY!! Best of the West!!

Arkonbey said...

Chad, man. You didn't look too happy about getting the Death Star Playset? Man, you must have had high expectations for gifts as a kid! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin