Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ideal's Electroman promotion

I recently came across this Ideal piece demonstrating how much TV advertising they were putting into their Electroman toy. This came as a surprise to me, as Electroman was one of those "What the heck is this?" discoveries at a flea market for me.

I certainly remember Evel Knievel and JJ Armes commercials but I simply don't think I ever ran into the revolutionary electronic toy sensation of 1977....

Better shot of the store display, it's actually quite nice. Click on it for a bigger look.

More Ideal and Electroman

Evel Knievel Gallery. Ideal Star Team Catalog


John Johnston said...

My grandmother gave me one of these for Christmas of 77. He was so huge I always had to have him fight my six million dollar man and 12" megos as a bad guy.

Seventiesfan said...

A couple of years ago I managed to find an Electroman on Ebay for a good price. He still works very well. I'd love to get his opponent Zogg, but the few times I see him on Ebay the prices are incredibly high.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin