Thursday, October 24, 2013

Monster Hunt Game



I found this game at a toy show a while back, it's dated 1977 and is made by Hasbro but I have no recollection of ever seeing it before.  The vendor was a friend and told me to take it for five dollars, i hadn't bought anything that day so it was a pretty quick purchase...




I was mostly captivated by the weird off brand monster designs on the box, Dracula resembles Canadian game show host Pierre Lalonde from the "Mad Dash", (youtube it, you'll be glad you did) . The other monsters make me wish this was an action figure line.


The game itself is cheap, I thought the Monster Squad board game was chintzy but it looks fabulous compared to this thin board and spinner. The art on the board is funky and the main reason I bought it, note the Barnabas Collins looking Dracula.



And here is the spinner, I really shouldn't end the tour with this.

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Looks fun, if simple. I'd probably play it, often! :)

Matt71 said...

I received this game as a birthday present in 1978. I actually have a picture of me unwrapping it.

The board was very thin. It was the same thickness as the cardboard used for a cereal box!

Thank you for posting the pictures. As a kid, I had fun playing the game. Seeing the pictures brought back some memories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin