Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We've got wounded!

MASH helicopter

Eventhough it's pictured in the 1977 AHI Catalog, I somewhat doubted this M*A*S*H emergency helicopter got made. Not because it isn't totally logical (makes a HELL of a lot more sense than this) but because toys based on M*A*S*H never seem to be all that in demand.

So, I nearly did a spit take when these came on Ebay and I acted like it was better than a MIB Venus Space Probe. Fortunately for me, I got this for a completely reasonable price. This kind of discovery gives me hope that more oddball rack toys made it out the door that I don't know about.


AHI Rack Toys

6 comments:

R.A.M.'67 said...

Is this a replica of the helicopter that crashed, killing Lt. Col. Henry Blake? ;o)

PDXWiz said...

Nope, Henry was killed when his plane was shot down.

I used to own a diecast personnel carrier truck from MASH. I recall when I bought it, there was a series of vehicles--ambulance, jeep, and helicopter. I wanted to get them all but dunno why I just got the one and didn't try to get others. Must have forgot, I guess.

The ApeCopter only makes sense in the animated series, but even then, I don't know that they really could fly anything... fighter plane episode notwithstanding.

Cool find, congrats on the win!

Gordon Long

R.A.M.'67 said...

It's been a while since I saw that episode of M*A*S*H, so I humbly stand corrected!

Tex said...

BAH!

It's not even funny era M*A*S*H -- it's got BJ in it.

Tex
(who never saw one of these until today)

John III said...

I would have played the heck out of that thing. I watched MASH with my dad all the time and I was only 5.

rob! said...

It's not even funny era M*A*S*H -- it's got BJ in it.

BLASPHEMER!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin