Friday, June 24, 2011

1982 Knickerbocker World of Annie Catalog



Annie was a film based on the hit 1977 broadway musical which in itself was based on the classic syndicated comic strip "Little Orphan Annie". Thankfully the movie didn't remove everyone's pupils for authenticity.


The film was expected to be a blockbuster smash and companies such as Knickerbocker hedged their bets by preparing a slew of merchandising. I certainly remember haunting Dominion Playworld looking for new Star Wars figures and getting shocked by all the red hair. The film was not a success but in 1982 it was impossible to ignore "Annie-mania".



 
You can click on the images below but don't expect much by the way of commentary by me, I'm just unprepared for the subject. I saw the film once at my buddy Will Park's house when I was 12 and we really were just waiting for his folks to go to bed to pop in "American Werewolf in London" which scared the hell out of me.



More Fun Retro Girl's Toys
Hasbro Charlies Angels . 1973 Barbie Catalog.Horsman Policewoman ToysMattel Starr Key.

6 comments:

Artfulife said...

I had the fabric Annie doll. Loved it so much. I'd probably still have it if a mean girl in elementary school hadn't scribbled on the face in red marker. How silly that I remember that. At the time it was the saddest thing ever.

Jody said...

I saw Annie in 1982. I was 6 and I thought it was the best movie I had ever seen. Until the next month when I saw ET! We had to go back to the theater to see Annie three times because it was sold out each time. We finally waited in line for three hours to get in. It was pretty popular here. I had the doll, small and large, and the car. I loved that car. Annie rode around in it with my Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

Dolly the Bird said...

I still have my Annie doll...although she's missing her socks for some reason??....and last year while cleaning out my grandmother's house, I found my Annie dollhouse. Amazingly enough it is completely intact with all the furniture and accessories (even the tiny silverware!) Looks like it was bought brand new yesterday! Wish I had the car along with Punjab and Daddy Warbucks!

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is my 5 yr old is obsessed with the movie (she's watching it now) and 'Santa' is finding some of the old knickerbocker toys to give her for Christmas ;)

phairhead said...

I had that annie rag doll....our cat ate Sandy :-(

Sabrina Steyling said...

As a kid I had one of those small Annie rag dolls. I think I still have her someplace...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin