Friday, June 17, 2011

1978 Mattel Codename: Galactica Catalog


Several months before it's TV Debut Mattel Toys debuted their merchandise based on the upcoming series titled "Code Name: Galactica" which we all would come to know as "Battlestar Galactica".

20th Century Fox would promptly ligitate the makers of Galactica for copyright infringement but the one thing that Galactica had over Star Wars was the availability of toys by the time the public caught their first glimpse of a cylon.




Also check out the 1979 Mattel BSG Catalog

3 comments:

John Sholtz said...

I remember the 12 1/2 inch Colonial Warrior and Cylon, but as a kid I thought they were more screen accurate. If I didn't know what they were today, I would think they were some sort of bootlegs.

Sparkly Tiara said...

I think I had a few of these. Am I really that old? Surely I'm not. It's not possible.

Tex said...

Yes, you are. As are we all.

Tex
(and don't call me Shirley)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin