Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Unexpected Halloween costume collection



I honestly never set out in this life to collect Halloween costumes, I blame working on this site because now I've got a bunch of these things littering my house and I thought I'd share.

It all began with the Ben Cooper Frankenstein above, which I bought two years ago yesterday at a toy show that took me a long time to get to and I didn't want to go home empty handed from. The beauty of the box with it's swiped Aurora art really spoke to me. I'll reveal more of my " new collection" after the break.




Here was another case of the box getting to me with this Star Trek Klingon, I mean, look at Captain Kirk's pink sweater, it's delicious.


The costume itself is also bad ass, I like  the red streaks in his hair and the goofy face in the middle of the tunic. Wonder why the designers at Ben Cooper felt the need to add those?


I bought this Swamp Thing from a costume dealer online, at first glance I assumed it was from the early eighties and based on the fun  movie series  that I adore. Upon receipt I realized it was from the not so successful 1991 animated show but I really didn't care.

Finally, I had to pick this one up, seeing as I wore it 35 Halloween's ago. I paid a whopping $5 for this, which is probably what my mom paid at Woolco.


I actually have more costumes to share this month, this has really become something of a sickness.

More Costumes :

3 comments:

plasticfetish said...

I shouldn't even be looking at this. Every October I fight the urge to bid on about a dozen different costumes... and the weirder the better.

Brian (Cool & Collected) said...

Excellent! I find myself picking up one or two of these every year. Most people tend to focus on the masks, but the graphics on the smocks are sometimes phenomenal (other times, not so much).

My biggest gripe is storing them, since they're so fragile, I stay up nights worrying that I will unbury them next Halloween only to find smashed cellophane and cardboard.

Can't wait to see what else is in your collection!

rob! said...

Holy Crap that Swamp Thing costume is REAL? I thought it was a custom!

Re: the Trek costume--while I too enjoy Kirk's pink tunic, I also like the way Spock is gently stroking his phaser. A very sensitive crew of the Enterprise!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin