Monday, October 11, 2010

Frankenstein's Chopper


I've blogged before about Ideal Scare Cycles, the ingenius combination of the Evel Knievel concept mixed with monsters but I've never actually seen the finished product. Well, thanks to Ebay, I've rectified that by stumbling upon the Frankenstein from the series.



The packaging differs from what was shown in the Catalog, it's a little more straight forward but I still dig it. It's pretty much a plain box with a litho, I guess Ideal wasn't investing too much into the line.
My attempt to show off the glow features of the cycle itself. The big problem with these is the wheel melts over time (A lot of Ideal toys have this rubber/plastic reaction over time) so Frankie won't be pulling any wheelies anytime soon....

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Still very cool. :)

JD said...

I still have mine somewhere. Never saw the Dracula version though - too cool!

Alphacentaurian said...

Looks like the Lon Chaney Jr. version of Frankie rather than the Karloff version. Cool ride! Nice outfit too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin