Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Trading Cards Again...

fembot trading card

When I started out doing trading card #9, I wanted to do something for the ladies. The Fembot seemed like a great start, sure she's a girl but also a robot whose face comes off, total win/win.

For card #10, I felt the need to do something that wasn't action figure based, the Green Machine is by far the most demanded trading card so it was an easy fit.



fembot trading card


As previously shown, Godzilla made it into the mix because he's just so awesome. This toy gave me chills as a kid.




fembot trading card


Finally, it was time to give some love to the Atomic Man with the final card of the year. While a lot of Joe collectors don't like this chapter in the character's history, I cherish it. Atomic man was a pretty darn fun toy, sorry for the curse words...





DVD Releases:


Even though I don't own a Blu Ray player, this ultimate edition of the Planet of the Apes series is pretty tempting as I love all things associated with Planet of the Apes. So much so that I've bought the movies on nearly every format produced.

The extras for this set are pretty intense, lots of commentary, behind the scenes features and little fun things like public service announcements from ANSA.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Brian! I missed the first few sets, but how do I get the new cards? I have a feeling these will be future collectables!

chunky B said...

"Where does he get those wonderful cards?!"

Man I have to get one of those Godzilla cards, time to set up shop and start selling these Brian!

rob! said...

that Fembot image is highly disturbing.

Joe Sherlock said...

I had a green machine!!!! I also thought the fembots were really scary!!!

Vlad said...

Mike Power, Atomic Man! I still have my original. And yet...it bothered me as a child that Mike Power only possessed one atomic leg. How was he supposed to run fast? He would always be dragging his normal leg behind! Such were the twisted thoughts of young Vlad.

Plaidstallions said...

Lisa and Chunky- I'm pretty sure I can get some cards to y'all.

Rob- Yeah, it's a little disturbing but hey Kenner thought it ok to put on their toy packaging.

chunky B said...

Oh yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Video Zeta One said...

The Green Machine was a muscle car for kindergarteners. It demanded respect. My polished Green Machine and I literally OWNED my strip of sidewalk!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin