Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gimme a Diablo Sammich and a Doctor Pepper to Go

Occasionally when I'm trolling through my smelly books (Catalogs always smell "Basementy") I find something I've never seen before. Case in point this "Smokey and the Bandit 2" play set by ERTL. I had no idea that such a thing existed and ERTL used such attention to detail that included the (IMO Movie Ruining) Elephant.
Googling also showed me that ERTL made a figure of "The Burt" himself as the Bandit but sadly I could find no evidence of a Dom Deluise figure. Damn you ERTL!!!!!

5 comments:

Arkonbey said...

This has me thinking. Since they're re-making Knight Rider, how long before they attempt a re-make of DoH?

Maybe not ;)

Anonymous said...

AAARRRGGHHH! Don't mention the Knight Rider remake! That show is a travesty to all things KITT!!!

I have that set of Dukes cars! They're unfortunately a bit worse for wear, as my younger brothers played with them as kids.

Keith said...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the new Knight Rider. The DoH movie was awful. I hope a show would be better if they go that route. Leave my childhood tv shows alone I say!

Anonymous said...

I still have both of these playsets!

Ian Sokoliwski said...

Those would both make fantastic setpieces for a Hot Wheels-scaled game of Car Wars...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin