Friday, June 12, 2020

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week



The Incredible Hulk UK Annual- We just did a podcast today about UK annuals and this one was a topic of discussion. It's the only time in comic form that we have this rendition of the Hulk, the comics are all about Bill Bixby turning into Lou Ferrigno, I found that so charming.


Bendy Toys Buck Rogers and Twiki set- Speaking of charming, these foam rubber action figures were exclusive to the United Kingdom and are just so kooky. I own a set myself and really love Buck's weird non-accurate space suit.


Godzilla's Gang figure by Mattel- Godzilla's Gang was sold at the same time as the Shogun Warriors, it was a series of Japanese Monster vinyls where most of the character were from Ultra-Man shows, with the exception of Godzilla of course. Nobody talks about these! They're super awesome and I want them all!




SWAT Iron On Transfer- I'm not a big fan of the series but I love this really striking artwork. That would really pop on a shirt.



Battle of the Planets Mego Style Figure- The Popy TV Heroes brand were meant to emulate the Mego World's Greatest Superheroes figures (which Popy also sold in Japan). This one was my grail for decades, I mean this is the figure I would have killed for in 1979.


We're publishing a Toy-Ventures Magazine this Summer, here's a link on how to be kept in the loop: https://plaidstallions.com/reboot/magazine/ 


Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Megoknockoff/

2 comments:

Phillyradiogeek said...

I assume the Hulk annual is a collection of the short-lived Hulk newspaper strip that ran the same time as the TV series? It was based on TV series continuity rather than comic book continuity.

When I was a kid on a supermarket trip with my parents, I saw a paperback collection of it; I didn't know the strip existed until I saw the book. I was tempted to ask my parents for it but didn't. I regret it to this day :(

David said...

Yes, the Godzilla'a Gang figures were either from Ultraseven, or Return of Ultraman.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin