Friday, August 29, 2014

Vintage Toy Store Photos Volume 16


In an effort to combat the end of summer blues, I've dig deep to the days of Pegboard and regional toy stores to bring the 16th edition of our vintage toy stores feature.



Installment 16 features old favorites such as the Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man, Barbie, the Osmonds, Atari, Fisher Price, Mego Diana Ross and much more.

We explore such long forgotten chains such as Bambergers, Two Guys as well as local toy emporiums such as The Toy Shoppes and Youngtown.


Check out Vintage Toy Store Photos Volume 16 here.

3 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Your Vintage Toy Store photos is my most favorite feature of this blog! I wish there was a real TARDIS so I could travel back in time to my '80s childhood and my favorite toy store, Child World! So many great memories of that place.

By the way, I had two vinyl Barbie carrying cases! They weren't like the ones in the photo, but I remember them. I wasn't much into Barbie, though, even though I had several dolls, I mostly played with Jem! :)

Jody said...

80's stores and no Strawberry Shortcake! You're killin' me! I lived near a ToysRUs and went there several times a week to just stare at the toys.

Seventiesfan said...

I absolutely love all the Vintage Toy Store photos. They bring back lots of memories of Lionel Playworld, which was my second home. You certainly are right about the creativity in store design back then. Thank you for the photos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin