Seeing as it's September 13th, there is no better time to talk about the creative force that was Gerry Anderson.
Eventhough much of the man's output was done before Jason and Brain were even an idea, their timeless quality has fans talking about them to this day.
The guys show the evolution in puppets from Supercar to Captain Scarlet and the jump to live action with UFO and Space:1999. Mixed in with some discussions about Bond, Gold Key Star Trek comics, nerdy moments and of course, all the merchandise we could cram into a single show.
Anderson is FAB is
- The unsold TV pilot for the Solarnauts produced by former Anderson partner Roberta Leigh is retro sci fi gold.
- The Mattel Space:1999 Eagle is easily one of the coolest toys in the 1970s
- Some very cool Thunderbirds toys from 1960s.
- The Trailer for Alien Attack, two episodes of repackaged Space:1999 episodes.
- The Joe 90 Dossier you had to eat a lotta meat spread to get.
- One of those amazing Captain Scarlet paintings survived and in the hands of a collector.
- Some VHS covers from ITC's Super Space Theater.
- Just some of the Space:1999 rack toys made by AHI.
- Klingons hawking Happy Meals, this happened.
- The Gerry Anderson Memorabilia Guide is out of print but a must have.
- The After School Special Into Infinity borrowed sets and cast members from Space:1999
- The German/UK co-produced series Star Maidens also feels like a low budget episode of Space:1999.
- This figure of Gay Ellis by Product Enterprise was in Brain's top five favorites.
- The guys are lukewarm to the Terrahawks but both agree the ships look really cool.