Friday, February 22, 2013

The Top Ten cancelled toys of the 70s/80s


As much as I enjoyed my childhood, it sometimes pains me to think of the stuff we didn't get, for whatever boring grown up decision. Sure, some of these licensed wouldn't have sold and could have forced the companies into risky financial positions but baby Brian wants his toys dammit!
Here are the top ten cancelled toy lines that I personally weep for at every occasion:

Disclaimer: There may be some figure lines not included, this probably intentional as like all of my lists, it's a little biased. I try to be fair.,

10: V LJN planned to make action figures based on the television series V but somehow it stalled and never totally happened.

Why it Hurts It may just be my teenage crush on Jane Badler and her red spandex talking but "V" is just so seriously under-serviced in merchandise, especially when you consider the impact it had.




9) Galoob The Last Starfighter line In the race to find the next Star Wars Starfighter was probably the closest to the concept (well at least when you look at stuff like Krull or Dune), the movie did good but not great at the box office (which is still a mystery to me) so Galoob chose not to go forward with these beautiful items.


Why it Hurts Not only are the figures nice but Galoob wasn't stingy with the character selection, this movie deserved these toys.


Read the whole list here The Top Ten cancelled toys of the 70s/80s


2 comments:

plasticfetish said...

Logan's Run toys really would have been epic. I could easily see myself mixing Logan's Run, Space 1999, and Planet of the Apes TV toys in some kind of '70s Sci-Fi adventure orgy.

Tex said...

At least we EVENTUALLY got the Thundarr figures...

http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlight/thundarr.shtml

Tex
(wishing Katrina hadn't eaten Ookla and Ariel)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin