Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blake's 7 Cosmic Strike Force



This one blew my mind, UK Toy distributor Jotastar (who sold a lot of AHI stuff in the UK) plastered the Blake's Seven logo on some unrelated friction space ships in the early 1980s.

They have no relation to the program but I must admit I want them. For those not in the know, Blake's Seven was a series produced by the BBC and created by Terry Nation who also spawned the Daleks. 

While it had lower production values than Doctor Who, it was kind of a dark show and really ahead of it's time. Which makes the concept of cheapy rack toys even more sublime...

2 comments:

Marcello (UK) said...

Blake's Seven is/was one of the finest sci fi telly programmes of all time...apart from the ending...

Plaidstallions said...

I'm really fond of it, one of these days I'll find the time to re-watch it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin