Sunday, April 06, 2008

RIP Chuck


I awoke to sad news this morning that one of the biggest icons from my youth, Charlton Heston had passed away. If you're a child of the 70's you couldn't escape Charlton Heston's influence, he was Taylor, The Omega Man, Ben Hur. He was the reason this past Easter my wife and I channel surfed until we found the Ten Commandments.
I loved this guy, I even read his book "The Actor's Life" which is a diary of his life up until the mid seventies. In it, he describes going to see "Deep Throat" and his distaste for it, it's possibly the funniest thing I have ever read.
I'll miss you Chuck and I'll never forget that Soylent Green is People.

1 comment:

JFStan said...

I loved Chuck! This is sad news..

..but, I have to wonder.. Did anyone pry the gun from his cold, dead hands?

Just kiddin', I'm such a damn dirty ape. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin