Our November podcast has Jason and Brian waxing nostalgic (which technically is our job) about the glory days of Starlog magazine.
Starlog magazine was how both of us first cut our nerdy teeth, a wonderful window into the world of SF and fantasy that gave us that connection. It's safe to say, this podcast owes a lot to this publication. Even if we often times asked for a brown paper bag so as to not get beat up on the way home.
We review landmark issues and of course, talk about the wonderful ads that appeared over the decades.
Along the way we discuss SF of the 70s and 80s, Mego toys, Blade Runner, model kits, Flash Gordon, Shatner, Jim Sterenko and most importantly Harlan Ellison's hat.
- The Official Starlog website is operational again.
- The majority of issues are available for viewing at this website.
- Photos of the Starlog stores in Japan in the late 1970s.
- A great Huffington Post article about some of the movie rumours that were found in the magazine over the years.
- The Harlan Ellison trucker hat is calling to you, don't resist, YOU MUST BUY IT NOW!