Friday, October 12, 2012

Remco Monsters Prototypes

I am lucky enough to know the owner of these original factory pulls of the 9" Remco Creature from the Black Lagoon and Phantom of the Opera figures. It's also advantageous that he brought them over to my house last spring and let me photograph them.
From the collection of the line's sculptor, the difference between the test pulls and detail lost in the glow plastic is staggering. Some fun close ups after the jump:
The Creature shows a great deal of detail lost, when I first saw it I worried it wasn't the same figure but it is.
Kissing cousins.

As much as I love the Remco Monsters, the Phantoms glow plastic and paint job really spoiled a nice head sculpt.

"I can't believe we're related"

Many thanks to my buddy for allowing me to document these amazing items and hopefully in the future, we'll get to see the rest of the Remco Monster Squad...





1 comment:

Neal P said...

The sculptors must've been heartbroken by the loss of detail these figures had. The Phantom sculpt is especially nice, looking very much like Lon Chaney.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin