Thursday, October 18, 2012

Imperial Inflates the Monsters

 
I wasn't a kid when Imperial Toys got the Universal Monster license (and I'll touch upon this more next week) but I do have nostalgia for the line. There was a Frankenstein bop bag in the back of a KB Toys in Western NY that I visited for the majority of the late 80s and early 90s. I kept flirting with picking it up but never pulled the trigger.
 
 At one point I spent the $10 on Nirvana's "Nevermind" cassette across the mall instead. I know that sounds like a a ramble but nostalgia can be a weird, winding road sometimes.

3 comments:

Tex said...

>blink< Tha' hell?

You wasted that 10 bucks on a Nirvana tape, when you could have had Frank instead?!?!?!?

You just lost about 50 CKPs (Cool Kid Points) for THAT, Bubba.

Tex
(I mean, a Nirvana tape, for Brick's sake!)

Plaidstallions said...

Hey, I like Nirvana!

Anonymous said...

I still have that Godzilla inflatable!
It hasn't been blown up since 1986. I wonder if it's still any good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin