Thursday, October 06, 2011

Costume of the Week: Ark 2

filmation Ark 2

It couldn't get more obscure or joyous for me. Growing up, I LOVED Filmation's post apocalyptic series "Ark 2" with a passion. So i nearly did a spit take when I discovered this Halloween costume on the ebay.

I would have fought tooth and nail for it but I was lucky enough to snag it for $10, which makes it all the more sweeter. As an aside, I wore that mask to bed one night and got the reaction I was hoping for. It was worth it...

5 comments:

Ted Terranova said...

That is amazing! I have that show on DVD and it's just priceless. When the Ark goes by during the opening you can clearly see a muffler underneath it. If you want to check it out I think they have Ark2 on netflix. It's great to hear the commentary from the people who were on the show. Great find :)

Dancin' Homer said...

So was the "reaction you were hoping for" sweet, sweet lovin'?

Plaidstallions said...

@Dancin Homer It was terror followed by anger. I'd be afraid if it was arousal of any sort...

John III said...

I bet he recieved a sweet, sweet backhand to the side of the head! That is so hilarious. Sounds exactly like something I'd do.

Tom said...

So is that a reworked Evel Knievel mask or was Evel's a reworked Ark 2 mask? I'm too lazy to Google which came first.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin