Friday, October 28, 2011

1981 Collegeville Costume Catalog

Followers of this site and blog will know that Collegeville is a favourite subject around here, that's likely because I got a ton of these as a kid combined with the fact that they got some really cool licenses.

This is a Canadian version of the Catalog (by a company called Norbin) and I highly suspect that some of the masks and other sundries come from sources other than Collegeville.



1981 was an interesting year, we have staples that have been around since the early 1970s and  hot new licenses like Thundarr the Barbarian, Mightyman and Yuck, Fangface, Star Trek: The motion picture, Clash of the Titans and many more.



Click here to see the 1981 Collegeville Catalog


More Collegeville Costumery (It's a word)

6 comments:

plasticfetish said...

So much good stuff. All of their rubber masks are awesome.

Lady Jaye said...

They had a Grendizer costume??? I would have killed for that as a kid! Heck, I hope someone told them that it was hugely popular in Quebec, because they would have had lots of success here with that. Just never mind the rest of the Force Five gang.

Drive-In Mike said...

1970s and 80s costumes were pretty cheesy, but they had a strange charm. Always loved the artwork on the front of these cheapo plastic costumes.

Jamie Ghione said...

I don't know if it was Collegeville, Ben Cooper or another maker, but I spotted one of these old costumes in a thrift store in my town. It was the Hoblin Goblin, and the copyright date was for 1981. Look at the entry for Oct. 1 on my blog for some pictures.

raycastile said...

A lot of those rubber masks we're made by a company called Topstone.

Akiko Harada said...

I have a question about a boxed collegeville costume from the 1990s, and I was hoping you could give me some information on.

It's a Sailor Moon costume that I got in the late 90s at a Osco drug store where I live. It has collegeville on the box.

Email me at kittykat_kiki@yahoo.com if you get any information.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin