Sunday, June 07, 2009

TV Comics: Logan's Run

I haven't done an installment of TV comics in over a year so I might as well do one of my favourites, Logan's Run. This is again from the amazing British weekly called "Look In" that I wished we had as kids. Logan's Run got a Marvel comic in the US but it was based on the movie and I'm more of a fan of the shortlived 1978 TV Series starring Gregory "Gonzo from Trapper John" Harrison.

The art is really nice and they've captured the look of the series, like a lot of these TV comics, most of the likeness shots are just direct swipes from promotional stills. You never get a good look at the characters in action scenes. I guess Look In never got a shot of the hover car that Logan, REM and Jessica drove because these comics always show them in the Sandman vehicle [/nerd]

One of these days I'm going to buy every issue of these and compile them into a gallery, mostly because I just want to read it....


Fabien MORISSET said...

thx, I bought the dvd from the movie version a couple days ago in a new edition which has just come out here in France.

It reminds me of so many child's memories. And so does your blog which is just SO great.

I Hope to reading your new posts soon

Metal Mark said...

I love the movie and have some of those comics. I never saw the TV show. Just remember seeing a few articles on it in Starlog.

houseofduck said...

Funny, I just watched a couple of the episodes of the TV show last night before I went to sleep.

What Timing.

Jason's Psyche said...

Bluewater Comics is putting out a new comic based on the Logan's Run novel.

Jang-chub Ozer said...

The TV show was never as good as the movie

Tim Footman said...




Logan's Run, or showing off at Scrabble?

Anonymous said...

cool thanks for this, my favorites are Jessica 5 and REM.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin