Friday, December 14, 2007

Mattel 1976 Superstar Christmas Fun Book

mattel 1976 christmas fun book

These great little colour digests were likely distributed in newspapers and at retail locations, hoping to load children's Christmas wishlists with Mattel products. It's a great smattering of hot toys of the day from the classic Barbie and Hot Wheels to 70's phenoms Pulsar and the Sweathogs, this booklet is a nice cruise down memory lane. Click here to see inside.


I still want a Pulsar for Christmas.....


4 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Dude! The 'Flying Aces'! I had totally been trying to remember what those were called. Thanks for posting that.

Also: I wonder if anyone who received a Sweathog's action figure for Xmas then used him as a villain/sidekick/cannon fodder with GI Joes...

JFStan said...

Actually, I had the Horshack figure, and pretended he was Doctor Who (Tom Baker). He even came with a scarf!

Sad to say, not many Pulsars survive today. His lungs and heart dry rotted, and his blood coagulated. I've seen a few at local antique stores, but all suffered the same fate.

Arkonbey said...

jfstan- Horshack as Dr. Who. Sweet!

Just watched the Blackadder with Tom Baker as Capt. Rum last night, in fact.

Swinebread said...

Now I know what I want for x-mas... oh wait, I don't have a time machine. :(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin