Thursday, June 21, 2018

Planet of the Apes trashcan by Cheinco


So, I needed a trash can for my office, a kind of mundane task I guess but because my whole room is decked out in vintage stuff, I decided the can itself had to be vintage.


It took me a while, mostly because the ones I kept finding were Hockey (I do live in Canada) or stuff like "Strawberry Shortcake" that really don't work for me.

I finally settled on Planet of the Apes because 1) I like Planet of the Apes and 2) I had this in my room as a kid after finding it at a yard sale. 

So, lo and behold, my new garbage can, enjoy humans...






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome trash can, is the art from the 70's marvel comics?- Mark J

Anonymous said...

I have The Six Million Dollar Man trash can, and it is awesome. Really well made, nice colors and has held up well with care. I would imagine many of these bit the dust because of rust. What a cool Ape graphic they have on there. I haven't seen this yet, very cool!

Anonymous said...

That moment when you realize "Star Wars" borrowed the connected-letters like the S in their title from "Planet Of The Apes". Monkey see, monkey do. :D

Love the way the artist felt the characters should be titled. This likely places the artwork fairly early in the franchise's time-line. Early Star Wars art did the same thing.

This Anon is loving your can (that sounds bad, doesn't it) for a far more basic reason. It's metal. When was the last time anyone saw a stamped-steel trash-can down in the Housewares section? Everything is plastic.

Best of all, it -looks- vintage. That can would fit with so many funky alternative / counter-culture decorating schemes. A woman I know does roller derby, loves the culture, and her condo is filled with crazy deliberately mis-matched vintage things like this.

She'd probably kill for that Farrah Fawecett-Majors belt buckle posted here a few days back.

Anonymous said...

Have a Hot Wheels version made by the same company

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin