Friday, August 05, 2016

Mighty Crusaders Remco Parachutist Figure



There is no greater time in a toy collector's journey then when they find that something that they thought existed, actually does.

Well I guess, finding it for a dollar would trump that but no such luck here. After decades of searching I have found my white whale, the very last produced Parachutist figures by Remco/AHI, The Mighty Crusaders.

More after the jump.





I present you with the Web parachutist figure, as you can see he's "Good", which likely means they also made the "Evil" character which seems to be the Sting.




While the Shield is on the package, the only Remco/AHI Rack Toys I have ever found feature the Web or the Sting. There is a Web/Sting Helicopter set, both Motorcycles are known to exist (mine is pictured below) and I know someone who has the Sting water gun.


The figure itself is the standard AHI parachute figure we knew and love for the 70s and early 80s.


I think it's fair to say that most of the Mighty Crusaders Rack Toys pictured on the back of the card got made albeit in miniscule quantities.

The back of this card features a price sticker from Sears which surprises me, I would have thought they were something only found in discount chains.

I'm always excited to find something I didn't know existed because that just means there is a possibility more toys exist, just waiting to be found.

3 comments:

Neal P said...

The price sticker says, "Sears Surplus," which was a little different than the regular Sears stores. The surplus stores carried overstock items that didn't sell elsewhere, so that would make sense that this would end up there. No offense to the Mighty Crusaders, but I doubt many kids in the 80s even knew who they were.

Tom said...

When you have to explicitly note the persuasion of the character (Good/Evil) on the packaging, you might not have a character worthy of producing as a toy. Just sayin'.

Plaidstallions said...

Thanks for the insight Neal and yeah, you're both right on the character's profile. Despite a BIG launch of Red Circle in 1983, only hipster kids would know who the Crusaders were. I was a hipster kid...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin