Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Evel Knievel Road & Trail Adventure Set


I was scrounging through an Ideal advertising book when I remembered this somewhat more sedate Evel Knievel set. 

This has to be Ideal's response to Big Jim, who was pretty much the king of Camping related toys in 1975.



Turns out, this is a pretty rare set that got limited release and a sealed one probably commands much more than I've got in my wallet right now. The box is also reportedly the largest produced for the Evel Knievel series. 




I don't collect Evel Knievel toys but I do sometimes like to walk by the bakery and smell the donuts if you get what i mean....


More Daredevil stunt goodness.
evel knievel comic book1975 evel knievel catalog1976 Evel Knievel Catalog Ideal Scare Cycles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friends and I all wanted this stuff, but our parents thought Evel was too crazy and we'd try to ride our bikes off the roof, or something. Little did they know we did all of our daredeviling at the school. ;) Really such find memories on this site, thank you for it!

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

Evil Knievel :-)

Chris said...

I had Big Jim with "Karate Chop" action (you pushed a button in the middle of his back and his arm would swing down.) I also had the Big Jim RV, which had a plastic chassis with vinyl-covered cardboard body panels. More than anything else now, it reminds me of Jesse and Walt's mobile meth lab from BB, it even had the same color scheme.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin