Friday, January 28, 2011

Kenner Tree Tots Catalog


One of the things I get a lot of Email about here is the Kenner Tree Tots line, "your friends from the magic forest" is a fondly remembered pre school series that captured kids imaginations in the late 1970s.

I personally remember the line well, being eight years of age at the time, it was first time in my life I regretted being too old to play with something, that feeling plagues me to this day.

1978 saw the line expand in fun but pretty illogical ways, including a roller coaster, light house and secret mountain fortress.






7 comments:

biopunk said...

It would be cool to have that Bob Ross tree tot!

Wings1295 said...

HOLY CRAP! This is the treehouse toy I have had lodged in my memory for years! I had begun to think I was just confusing other toys, but this is it! The treehouse, at least. Never had the other versions.

Thank you so much for posting this!

Yes... sleep. Good sleep tonight. Restful.

Anonymous said...

Yup, the Treetot House is embedded in all of us 70's children memories. I too had never seen the rest of the toys, but the afro'ed hillbilly Bob Ross clone is soooo 70's its unbelievable. I'd love to have one!

Anonymous said...

I remember using that Mountain playset for Star Wars figures. We used to make it Obi-Wan's bachelor pad.

John said...

I don't ever remember seeing anything but the tree house.

But I was about 8 at the time too.

RebeccaMuenkel said...

I Love this!! Rad. I had the lighthouse one. I still have the three people that came with it!!!

Tonya M said...

Awwww! I had the tree set and played with it for years. I've always wondered what happened to it. I was sad when I realized I no longer had it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin