Monday, April 02, 2007

Machinder Monday

matte; Shogun Warriors

I envy all of you who had Shogun Warriors as a kid, I was perpetually denied. The closest I came to owning them was waiting the neighbour kids out until they were 13 and their parents had yard sales. I still have your Mazinga Willy! Victory is mine!



mego book worlds greatest toys

, If you haven't preordered the upcoming Mego Book "World's Greatest Toys" but are planning to, it is vitally important to do so now. Showing a big fan interest is key to this publication, you can pre order from Amazon here.

8 comments:

Jon Hunt said...

I don't mean to piss you off, but I HAD SHOGUN WARRIORS. Your rage can be ameliorated by the fact that I was the guy with the garage sale when I was 13.

I bought back Mazinger and Getter, though!

Erick said...

My parents actually bought me and my brother all of the big Shogun Warriors when we were kids (except Rodan). My brother still has Godzilla and I have the rest of them in my garage. Someday I'll clean them up and display them.

rob! said...

1)I had all those Shogun Warriors. I LOVED THEM!! i used to take that space-ship thingy out of Mazinga's head and have it fight with my superhero figures.

2)I pre-ordered Ben's book. cant wait to get my hands on it!

Swinebread said...

This is too much! All these wonderful toys I saw in the store but could never have...

Anonymous said...

the mego book is a big "will buy" but man, october is so far away. never had the big shoguns but i had quite a few of the smaller diecast ones. loved raydeen turning into the bird ship, that was awesome at 9 years old! and the marvel comics by herb trimpe were pretty fun as well. dusty abell.

Anonymous said...

My brother and I had them. Great toys. We went bonkers when we got them. Nice to see other people with the same memories.

Anonymous said...

Got 'em for Christmas. My brother and I went bananas.

shornk said...

Hah, I had a 3 inch Combattra, while most of my friends had a two foot Mazinga. The strange thing is, I thought I was the luckier kid.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin