Sunday, December 02, 2018

Top Five Things on Ebay this Week



Original Santa Claus conquers the Martians one sheet- I'm a huge fan of this weird kids movie that honestly gets a bad rap for being terrible, it's a lot of fun actually and I watch it every Christmas, you should too.




Battlestar Galactica Wall Calendar- Cause you never know when it's going to be 1979 again.




James Bond Secret Ear Phone Wrist Watch- Were I a rich man, this would be great Christmas present for a certain podcast partner.


A complete set of French Battle of the Planets figures- Sure, they're on open cards BUT THEY"RE ALL KINDS OF AWESOME and circumvent any collector OCD.


Mego Planet of the Apes Treehouse Gift Set- This very rare combination of playset and dolls pushes all of my collector buttons and I want it to come home with me...

Thanks for Reading, see you next week!





Don't forget to join our new facebook group.









8 comments:

Milé Murtanovski said...

I'm kind of glad I didn't know there were Battle of the Planets figures out in the world but unavailable to me, here in Canada; I would've wanted them, but wouldn't have known how to get them. That said, both the figure and card art are great, and I'm happy to admire them from afar.

. said...

I totally agree! Santa Claus Conquers the Martians gets way too much hate, and why? Just because it's terrible? So unfair. It's a wonderful bad movie and should definitely be part of people's holiday traditions.

Scott J Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott J Baker said...

You know, if somebody handed me ten thousand dollars today, I would totally snatch up that POTA tree house! That, or a fairly decent used car.

Olga Rose said...

Oh wow! I also love Santa Claus Conquers the Martians! I also don't get the hate it gets either. I find it very enjoyable for all it's many quirks. I love it and it is part of my holiday ritual. ♥

Greyhawk Grognard said...

I had that PotA treehouse. Got it for Christmas, in fact. Used it for years, along with just about every other PotA accessory they made.

Anonymous said...

Great find on the Galactica calendar. Like Milé, this Anon appreciates the photos for nostalgia's sake. Incredible retro-future aesthetics, and that hand-painted calendar cover! 70s and 80s commercial art had a distinct style to it and it's just pure joy to see it.

This calendar also solves a decades-long mystery of what was used for reference material to create this knock-off masterpiece.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V3HFAKwyQSo/WXPT8Qtk6nI/AAAAAAAATck/2k7pNlw47nw4PVv2sHcnU1U6H3sHMwEfgCLcBGAs/s1600/FMOFL_AD%2B27.jpg

So if Boxey looks a bit simian, the calendar's to blame.

YesterdayIsNow said...

Dr. Zaius's beach house certainly is airy. The whole family seems really excited that the mailman is at the front gate. Maybe he's brought the latest Sears Wishbook.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin