Friday, December 02, 2016

Black Hole 1980


Seeing as it's December, I thought I'd showcase some of my favourite Christmas Catalog images of all time starting with this one.

I remember exactly where I was when I first laid eyes on this, riding in the back seat of my father's gigantic car to go visit Vince, his barber.

It blew my mind to see Bob, Star and the humanoid on this page and I stared at this for WEEKS and  would eventually make them mine. I would have no idea that Canada (along with Italy) get the exclusive on these characters.

I never lost my love for Black Hole or Christmas catalogs but I still hate haircuts. 

2 comments:

Seventiesfan said...

It took awhile, but I got all of the 12 inch Black Hole figures, and all of the small figures except those three astronomically expensive characters. I've always love The Black Hole. I watch the movie almost every week, and have collected other items like the Topps cards, book-and-record, coloring books, comics, and a traveling bag I got for Christmas in 1979.

Olga Rose said...

Oh nice!

All they need is Kate, Charlie, and army builder sets for the drones and sentries. XD

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin