Saturday, July 10, 2010

Captain or is that Commander America?

This ad for licensing Captain America products from 1981 is interesting not only to comic fans but also trek people ( can't remember if "trekkie" or "trekker" is offensive so I'll steer away from that controversy, thank you) as I'm 90% certain that's none other than Commander William Riker actor Jonathan Frakes under that ill fitting large cowl.


It's well documented that Frakes paid his dues appearing as Cap during the late 70s/early 80s and most of the photos in the Superhero Mall Appearance Gallery seem to predate his tenure. This one however has a good chance of being him, I hope this useless knowledge brightens somebody's day.


plaid Stallions mall appearance gallery

Send me your mall appearance photos!


3 comments:

GW said...

That sure looks like his chinny chin-chin. <3 ;)

Joe Tages said...

It sure brightened up my Saturday! I've been a Frakes fan for the longest time and I like him even more if that's him in the suit!

Anonymous said...

I do believe this is Frakes -

I recall a (Different) picture of him as Captain America at the white house in an issue of STARLOG when they ran the first or second interview he did in the magazine 1986-1987

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin